What are the hours for both Hartsmere and Weslemkoon sites?
Summer Hours (April 1, 2018 to September 30, 2018)
- Sunday 1:30 pm – 6:00 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm (closed for lunch from 1:00 – 1:30 pm)
- Saturday 8:00 am – 12:00 noon
- Holiday Monday 12:00 noon – 6:00 pm
Winter Hours (October 1, 2018 – March 31, 2019)
- Sunday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm (closed for lunch from 1:00 – 1:30 pm)
- Thursday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm (closed for lunch from 1:00 – 1:30 pm)
What can be dropped off?
- Regular household garbage – must be in a CLEAR garbage bag.
- Miscellaneous items require you to pay a tipping fee (see below).
- put plastics, glass bottles and cans together (rinsed and cans pinched at the top with the loose lids inside)
- rinse and put styrofoam trays into a different bag
- gather all plastic film together into a different bag
- put all paper together in a bag, bundle boxboard together
What items require me to pay a tipping fee?
You will be charged for dumping anything that is NOT regular household garbage or recycling. For example:
- small miscellaneous items (e.g., small table, lawn chair) – between $5 and $10.00
- box spring, mattress, sofa, chairs – $30.00 each
- fibreglass boat – $100.00
- non-recyclable styrofoam
- small loads of construction materials (1′ x 4′ x 8′) – $15.00
- shingles, 1/2 ton load – $35.00
Note: ceramics (e.g., dinner plates), drinking glasses, lightbulbs, mirrors, car lights, window panes are not recyclable
What can NOT be dropped off?
- Hazardous Waste materials (as listed below), including refrigerators with freon in them.
- large loads of construction materials (more than one cubic yard, as above)
What do I do if the dump is closed?
You are NOT permitted to leave garbage at the gate and you are NOT permitted to enter into the dump if the attendant is not present. Therefore, you must stow your garbage and return when it’s open.
More information can be found here.
Where is the Hazardous Waste Depot located?
The Hazardous Waste Depot is located at North Frontenac 506 Waste Site: 3444 Road 506 Cloyne ON
What are the hours?
The depot is open from May 15, 2018 to October 1, 2018.
- 2nd & 4th Wednesday of each month 1:30 – 6:00 pm
- 1st Saturday of each month 12:00 noon – 5:00 pm
What can be dropped off?
There are many items that can be dropped off at the Hazardous Waste Depot, including:
- used motor oil, antifreeze, camp fuel, gas, oil filters
- fire extinguishers, aerosol containers, pressurized containers that hold compressed gas
- insect repellents, fertilizers, pesticides
- paint, stain, batteries, corrosive cleaners, drywall compound, florescent bulbs, spray foam insulation containers
- thermometers, barometers, mercury switches
Visit the Addington Highlands website for a complete list.