The earliest map we have on hand is one from 1857. It served primarily for logging purposes. It shows timber limits and the types of trees found in the area. Another historic aspect of interest is that this map shows the shape of the Lake before the dams in the 20th century were built.
The precursor to the formation of the LWCA was the Lake Weslemkoon Protective Association. They created the first association map in 1937. There were so few cottages on the Lake that each place was named, not numbered. Many of the site names are still used.
During the war years things were pretty quiet. The next map we have on hand is also from the LWPA from 1952.
In 1965 Don Mackenzie created what became the classic Lake map. Stylistically it survived with updates til the 2002. Paired with the 1965 map the 1969 map shows the explosive growth of the cottages on the Lake during those intervening years.
In 2004 a colour version of the map was published.